All businesses need to be aware of Competition Law and how it affects the way they operate within a particular market. Legislation sets general ‘fairness’ parameters and outlawing ‘misleading or deceptive conduct’ and ‘unconscionable’ conduct.
At KPL Lawyers, our Team may assist you with:
- Advice on market regulation including the Corporations Act, ASIC Act, Competition and Consumer Act,
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Anti-money laundering (AML) provisions and the Privacy Act.
- Develop, implement and review compliance programs relating to the regulatory requirements, including ASIC, APRA and the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC),
- Undertake dispute resolution, including where necessary litigation in relation to regulatory activities, representative or private proceedings, and
- Assist company transition where there are new legislative requirements
- Regulator inquiries and interviews
- Restrictive trade practices and cartel regulation
- Authorization and notifications
- Market power restrictions
- Unconscionable conduct matters
- Consumer protection requirements
- Industry codes including franchising code of conduct issues
- Competition and Consumer litigation
- Compliance programmes
- Advertising and marketing reviews
- Action against anti-competitive conduct engaged in by others in the market
- Disputes and misleading and deceptive conduct
- The parameters of ‘unconscionable’ conduct
Please contact our office for your first free consultation.